Friday, August 27, 2010

Captaining / Captioning Awards

Hi everyone here is another 60seconds with watto ,

It has been a busy pass couple weeks since touching back home down under and now fully recovered from the Jet Lag, it took me a good week to get back on track.

A huge announcement I want to share with you, a week ago I was given the honour of captaining for Parramatta Cricket First Grade team which I am over the moon with the out come. So I do believe in hard work does pay off and doing well at the same time. Now I getting the job is one thing and doing well is another thing so I am keeping level headed and looking forward to take Parramatta forward to the best of my ability.

Other major news I was thrown in the deep end last night I had to make a speech at National Captioning Awards which I knew I had to do a speech, no worries I thought because of my pass experiences, quick speech will do it like 30secs. Yeah yeah no dramas cool. Then 24 hours I found out that I have to do 5 mins speech, I said to myself what I going to do? Fall over on the steps on the way up and do a hemmy? I recall saying to someone I going to break a leg and she thought falling over the stairs and I said no I am going to nail it and give it my best shot (break a leg that way) Now you have to wait for the results right.......................well here it is we have to go to add break maybe you can check my blog over next couple of days.

Nah I will tell you now I had a fantastic time on stage and a wonderful night full credit to deafness forum and all the sponsors on the night, also cant forget all the people who contributed to Deaf and hearing impaired community.

1 comment:

  1. Heya Watto,
    Saw you on stage at the 2010 Captioning Awards. Myf Warhust reckons you should have your own TV show and so did plenty of people in the audience. You were great. A powerful message and entertaining too! Check out some of the tweets going on about you on the night!

    Jo.

    @YourUntoldStory: He's a treasure!RT @AccessInclusion: Nick Watkins,the deaf guy from #minutetowinit, talks about what it is like to be #deaf. #2010captawards

    @YourUntoldStory: HUGE HURRAH!!! RT @AccessInclusion: The Winner of Event Captioning is Ai-Live #2010captwards HURRAH!

    matt: Congratulations! Well deserved: The Winner of Event Captioning is Ai-Live #2010captwards HURRAH! (via @AccessInclusion)

    @mlockrey: #2010captawards "Give that guy his own TV show!" (Myf Warhurst, after Nick Watkins' speech).

    @mediaaccessaus: "captions are not the issue, it's about getting access to content" Tony Abrahams ai-media #2010captawards

    @mlockrey: #2010captawards Alex Jones (Chair of DFA) just opening up the awards with Myf

    @YourUntoldStory: @MyfWarhurst you were awesome at the #2010captawards tonight. We agree that Nick Watkins needs his own show! What a guy!

    @mediaaccessaus: Nick Watkins from minute to win it funny & touching about being #deaf #2010captawards

    ReplyDelete